- LSD = Lobster, Steak and Duck. The Ultimate Surf n Turf.
- Marrying Chinese Cuisine w/ an American SteakHouse was the beginning of Brooklyn Chop House.
- All dumplings are made to order at Brooklyn Dumpling Shop
- Book – “Damn Good Dumplings”
- Introduced new foods to all of his daughters in dumpling format by making them at home
- Stratis’ dad would say 12 hours was a half day. That was his mentality with his business.
- Stratis’ dad would say “I can tell you how you’re running your restaurant by turning your garbage upside down.” Seeing where the waste is and seeing how inefficient your operation is.
- Automat – Everyone who tried to bring it back failed because the whole wall became a metal box. The automat is substituting cashiers and logistical personnel.
- Brooklyn Dumpling Shop was the first restaurant that has sold 140 franchises before opening store 1.
- Robotics can help with consistency in restaurants since there’s no human error
- Brooklyn Dumping Shop as a name as it extends out of Brooklyn – Brooklyn has a lot of cache. Brooklyn is a marketable term.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dumpling would be the last dumpling he would eat before he dies.
- “Leaning on tech, we can allow the integrity of the product to remain” -Stratis
- “I always thought the dumpling was so fascinating to me on how it needed to re-emerge and be re-emagined” -Stratis
- 3rd generation restaurateur
- Grandfather was the probably first Greek restaurant owner in NY in 1910
- 20 yrs old, left fam business and opened some restaurants on his own the last 30 years